Painting from the tomb of Ankhmahor.
Benefits may include:
* Relief of stress and tension inducing deep relaxation
* Improves blood supply
* Unblocks of nerve impulses
* Helps achieve homeostasis (balance)
* Aids in the elimination of toxins
* Increases oxygen to the lungs and tissues
* Stimulates the lymphatic system
* Boosts the immune system
* Helps ease pain and discomfort
* Helps the body to heal quicker after surgery
* Improves bowel function
* Breaks up uric and lactic acid crystals in the feet relieving congestion in the body
* Improves emotional imbalances
* Complements all other healing modalities
* Preventative healthcare
Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflexes on the hands and feet that correspond to every gland, organ and part of the body. There approximately 7,200 nerve endings in the bottom of each foot. These reflex points are stimulated with specific hand and finger pressure techniques. Reflexology creates a relaxation response, relieves tension, and improves the nerve and blood supply in the corresponding parts of the body helping to promote their natural function.
How many treatments needed depends on the age of the client, how long the condition has been there and their overall state of health at the time of the treatment. Although the client usually feels better after the first treatment it generally takes 6-10 treatments for a significant improvement in a long standing condition.
Reflexology has been known to help a variety of conditions including:
headaches, pain, insomnia, constipation, asthma, PMS,
sciatica, arthritis, allergies, stress disorders, depression,
stroke rehabilitation, fibromyalgia, MS, and more...